A Stone's Throw

practice your aim. you never know when you'll spy 2 birds at once.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Galapagos!

Well, after all this busing and hosteling and having every sort of crazy experience from Argentina to Colombia, I decided what better way to spend my final month in South America than in the Galapagos.

Most everyone I've met who has been to the islands had roughly a week here because its ridiculously expensive, but I decided that just wasn't nearly enough time. So a month it is. It'll be a challenge to keep within a budget, but I have confidence.

I won't be able to update my blog too often as internet is slow and expensive, but I will update with pictures when I am able.

But let me say this - the Galapagos Islands are beautiful. Clear water, perfect temperature, animals afoot everywhere. Just this morning I swam with rays and sea snakes. Amazing! And yesterday when I went to a different beach there was a sea lion just taking a nap next to me. Perfect.

Cheers everyone!

- Caleb

3 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My Boy. I think I might reconsider the the train. Oh, wait, we aren't in the US. Rock on, Caleb. Look me up in MN when you are back.

    Cor

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Caleb Jordan Schulz said...

    Dodgy trains, buses without suspensions, taxis without working doors, boats with holes in the bottom - all in a days work.

    Will be back around MN in late Oct, methinks. Has your email changed?

     
  • At 5:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now I know you put this blog in JUST to piss me off. LOL- I AM SUPER JEALOUS. Please please please take a million pics. Even if you don't blog them I need to see them when you get home. Sweet Jesus Caleb, enjoy! You don't get more diversity then where you are right now!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home