A Stone's Throw

practice your aim. you never know when you'll spy 2 birds at once.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Sunny, with a chance of tickets

Mira Flores, Lima, Peru

I may have my ticket issues sorted out, but wont know until monday. It will cost around 100 bucks, but far better than repurchasing tickets at an inflated daily rate near 700 to 900. This is a lesson to all - etickets are the way to go. I had no choice and had to have paper tickets, but there's little you can do to protect them, so be aware. Most flights to Europe use etickets, but down here they just aren't equiped for it yet. They also aren't equipped to have sanitary water for drinking either, but that's another thing entirely.

Despite looking frankly at the ugly mug of death's door, I am beginning to feel human again. Talked to a doctor yesterday, (yes he left his bone rattle and snake oil in the car), who gave me a prescription that seems to be taking effect. That's the wonder about down here - you can go to the pharmacy on nearly evey corner and buy what you need pill by pill at a hugely cheap price. Just don't buy a bottle of Centrum - it's around 32$.

It's around 88 today and the palm trees are blowing in the wind. Paragliders are cruising over the city roofs and I sit on a balcony that overlooks Parque Kennedy, a sprawling european garden where kids play and vendors sell their wares next to umbrella-covered outdoor cafes. My notebook may be empty, but as the words drift and form in my mind, it won't remain so for long.

- a C-note

2 Comments:

  • At 4:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad things are going better for you! You had me worried there for a bit (obviously, with all my silly emails I sent you). I'm in Florida this weekend... you're right -- palm trees and warm breezes are the way to go.

    Sarah

     
  • At 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home