A Stone's Throw

practice your aim. you never know when you'll spy 2 birds at once.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Some Pics

I thought I´d post a few more pictures taken in the rain forest. I had some time to kill while waiting around trying to get all the ridiculous paperwork for my Bolivian VISA. Which, by the way, is an incredible hassle and rather expensive. The last time I traveled there, there were no VISA requirements, but in retaliation for the US´s treatment of Bolivia, they added a VISA requirement for US citizens only.

This leads into a deep discussion of US foreign policy, which I don´t feel like getting into. So, in leu of that, here are some more pics:

(This was a gorgeous woodpecker of some kind. It was about a foot long)

(There were trees covered in these lacy mushrooms.)

(I went on a 10K hike through the rainforest, but towards the end the path dissolved into vegitation and so I stopped.)

(just a side note: blogging on ´blogger or blogspot´is incredibly frustrating - it constantly deletes things, doesn´t format the way its supposed to, and is endlessly irritating to a traveler who is on the clock in every internet cafe he goes to. Don´t be surprised, therefore, if I change to a different blog address sometime in the future. cheers. - C)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Birdie said...

    Bolivia, hmmmm....Butch Cassidy and the Sundane Kid...maybe their tough on Americans because of all the banks they robbed.....

    Dad

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't eat the mushrooms..... or did you? :)Do I feel a Midsummer Night's dream coming on!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home