A Stone's Throw

practice your aim. you never know when you'll spy 2 birds at once.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mariscos

The ability to go to a fantastic restaurant and order some of the best seafood you'll ever have in your life for all of 3 dollars, creates a certain affection for a place. My meal of choice is the Mariscos, a delightful blend of pasta or rice with shrimp, clams, mussels, octopus, and calamari. It's absolutely grand and makes for a nice treat every few days. By all accounts one could go out for food every day, but you have to be a little reasonable with the almighty greenbacks.

I'm still in Lima. A surprise to me after all the foolery of the first couple weeks, but I must admit that I've hit a groove on the new book I'm writing. 5 chapters done and still truckin along at a nice clip. Also I've begun teaching English here, to pad the wallet a hair. Doesn't pay much, but it adds to the larder just the same.

The sun is shining, its 85 out, and the breeze is just enough to make the palm trees sway. I understand now why in his day Hemmingway sought out KeyWest for relaxation and inspiration. Theres something about the exotic that appeals, and though you may have to travel further to find it than the old man did, its still out here.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Caleb,
    Glad things are looking up. :) I must say... if you could find a pasta bar there for that price, let me know! Teaching English?!?! You never cease to amaze me. Love ya and miss ya. Be safe.
    Jamie

     
  • At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home