A Stone's Throw

practice your aim. you never know when you'll spy 2 birds at once.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Brief Aside

Sorry for the delay in blogging and adding pics. Internet´s been sketchy in the jungle - including a stretch of 2 weeks sans electricity. Yeah, 2 weeks. Anyway, I should have better internet and uploading speed in a day or two and I´ll catch up on all that´s happened. Suffice to say, I made it through the jungle relatively unharmed. Sad to say that my camera died. Nothing happened - it just stopped functioning. Will get it looked at, but may have to buy another. Can´t keep going on my journey without a camera.

Headed to La Paz this morning. Taking the World´s Most Dangerous Road. No joke. Google it. From Rurrenabaque to La Paz. I would have taken a flight, but the rain´s been canceling all the flights, so the backlog of stranded passengers is ridiculous.

Next time I´ll be online at 4,000 meters and freezing again. But I´ve have enough of this cold business. After I get things organized there, I am heading north with a quickness.

But, like said, more soon to come about my time - getting pounced on by a 300 Ib jaguar, swimming with dolphins, the worst bus ride in the history of busrides, the fragrant open-air sewers of Trinidad, and the search for the giant anaconda.

Wish me luck on the Death Road.

Cheers,
C

4 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Uh, I googled it...you might want to wait for a flight....

    dad

     
  • At 5:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sweet goodness what a horrible time for me to catch up on your travels.... and then to end with this thought hanging in the air. An adventue.. yes- worth it... let me know when you reach your destination. God bless! Be careful.

     
  • At 8:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It cannot be as dangerous as some of the roads in downtown Detroit...


    Patch

     
  • At 9:32 AM , Blogger Caleb Jordan Schulz said...

    survived!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home