A Stone's Throw

practice your aim. you never know when you'll spy 2 birds at once.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Project Update

Just a quick update for the curious.

As of a couple days ago, I reached the halfway point in the new novel I am writing. And now, as of this afternoon, I am on Chapter 18, of a planned 28 chapters. Oddly, I didn't come here to write this novel, I came to finish the one I was in the middle of. But yet, upon arriving here perspectives and ideas changed. And I could not be happier I stepped away from the other book. At times the muse guides where it pleases and there is little you can do about it.

I fully expected to be inspired by coming to South America again, but never would've dreamt of being this prolific for this many weeks. It's crazy, but there it is. Sometimes you just can't plan for what occurs, but instead must simply roll with it and see how the cards fall. It's like planning life using the Jim Canapa Gambling Method, go for it all and see where you end up.

Funny thing is, I saw him win more than I saw him lose.

Thanks for taking all my money Jim.
You taught me a valuable lesson.

- a C-note

2 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello Caleb, Hope you can search your databank of old acquaintances far back enough to find me. Jamie's friend from the English Room, I moved off to Hawaii. Remember? It's been quite a while. Anyway, I was out with J_dog the other day and she was telling me all about your far-off adventures. Seems to me like you're having good, standard South American fun... robberies, malaria or chloera, and scary, greasy, pimple faced adolscents gievn responsibilities with which they would never be bestowed in the States. Sounds on par. I haven't finished reading all of your posts, kind of difficult with your sibling's children crawling on your head, but sounds like lots of fun. Well, lengthy and winded as this may be, my point is to invite you to another far off, exotic land. I don't really know what your ticket situation is or where you were headed next, but if you can make it to St. Maartin, it is just a 15 min flight to Saba, where I am going to school. You are more than welcome to stay with me while exploring my little island. You can sleep on my yoga mat, haha!! At any rate, I hope to hear from you soon. fyrdncr21@yahoo.ie.
    Love, Nicole F

     
  • At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home